Morning spoilers is your rude awakening to the TV and movie news of tomorrow. Every morning, we collect plot and casting secrets, plus the occasional crazy rumor. Click through to find out which version of the world's fastest superhero, The Flash, appears in his solo movie. Also, details of Jonny Quest and another new superhero movie.
- In the live-action version of the Hanna-Barbera cartoon Jonny Quest, Jonny's dad creates a super-weapon that destroys everything but living matter, leaving armies helpless and maybe naked. But a supervillain wants to use this weapon to awaken a mystical world-destroying doodad, and it's up to Jonny and his bodyguard "Race" Bannon to stop him, with the help of a stereotypical Indian kid. [IESB]
- Rumor has it The Flash, the movie about the DC Comics superhero directed by David Dobkin (Wedding Crashers) will feature Jay Garrick, the original 1940s version of the character. Garrick wears a big metal bowl on his head and shuns a mask, instead vibrating his face so nobody can recognize him. No, really. [Production Charts]
- A woman's father tries to take over her brain, in director Stuart Gordon's adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's novel The Thing On The Doorstep. And when she has sex with her shrink, she passes the dad-brain problem on to him. [Bloody Disgusting]
- Super Capers, due out next fall, is a zero-budget movie about a wannabe superhero. Ed Gruberman is thrilled when a judge orders him to live in a superhero "halfway house," but then the judge turns out to be a supervillain who killed Ed's parents, and is also Ed's real dad. [FreeCastingCall]
- The unlucky reporter in Quarantine isn't just barracaded inside a building full of people with mega-rabies. The cops also cut off cell phone reception, Internet access and television within the building, which seems like overkill. [ProductionCharts]
- British soap star Sarah Lancaster will provoke sonic screwdriver envy when she brandishes her own version of the Doctor's favorite toy in Doctor Who season four. [Sky Showbiz]