We have a new official plot description for Joss Whedon's fledgling show Dollhouse, which gives way more concrete details about the hows and whys of his dystopian future of brainwashed slaves. That's just one of the as-yet-untold stories which we unravel in this morning's dose of spoilers. We also have new clips from Lost and Jericho, and tons of spoilers for Lost, Smallville and Heroes. Spoilers ahead!
Here's the production notice which Fox sent out along with the casting call for Dollhouse, Joss' new show:
The drama stars Dushku as Echo, a member of a group of men and women who are imprinted with different personalities for different assignments. In between tasks they are mind-wiped, living like children in Dollhouse, a futuristic dorm/lab. A group of people, known as "Actives" (or "Dolls"), have had their personalities wiped clean so they can be imprinted with any number of new personas and hired out for particular jobs, crimes, fantasies and occasional good deeds. When not imprinted, the Actives live, childlike and unremembering, in a hidden facility nicknamed "The Dollhouse". Although the Actives are ostensibly volunteers, the operation is highly illegal, and under constant threat from a determined federal agent on one end and an insane rogue Active on the other. The story hinges around a greater and more subtle threat: Echo, a female Active, begins, in her mind-wiped state, to become self-aware.[SpoilerTV ]
- In the March 20 Smallville, Lex's dad has Clark kidnapped and puts him in a kryptonite-lined cage. But the crafty Lionel throws suspicion onto Lex when Chloe and Lana confront him. So Chloe and Lana take Kara to Jor-El so he can restore Kara's memory. Because Kara is the only one who can help Clark. [Kryptonsite]
- Heroes may not feature Claire too much in its first couple of episodes, due to Hayden Panettiere's commitment on a movie. But the producers are still hoping to include Kristen Bell, as long as they can work out contract issues. [E! Online]
- Jake and Hawkins clash over whom to trust, in this new clip from tonight's Jericho.
- In a couple of weeks on Lost, we'll find out that the final two members of the Oceanic Six are Jin and Sun. And our big important death will be one of those two... during a flash-forward. Which means we'll still see them in the "present" and any flash-forwards that take place before that death. And episode eight, the final episode before a five-week break, brings back Michael (and maybe Walt), and Michael has some scenes in NYC where he meets up with Mr. Friendly, the guy Sawyer killed at the end of season three. [SpoilersLost]
- Towards the end of this Lost season (after that five-week break) we'll learn why FutureSayid is an assassin for Ben, and why FutureJack is hooked on booze and pills. We'll see more of Kate-Sawyer, but there won't be any resolution of their situation (duh!). And the season ends with the Oceanic Six getting off the island. [DocArzt]
- Episode nine of the current Lost season will partly take place at a fancy apartment building in Tunisia. Plus here's a wacky theory about whether the EMP at the end of season two affected people's ability to leave the island. [E! Online again]
- And here are two more preview clips from Thursday's Lost, to add to the two we showed yesterday.