The Harry Potter theme park is either the most brilliant undertaking we've ever seen, or a classic case of shooting for the moon and landing in Griffin poop. Check out all the details and concept art, including butterbeer stands.
According to the park's website the place is going to be loaded with goodies like:
- Upon entering the park through the "arches of Hogsmeade," guests will be greeted by the Hogwarts Express and station, and free to roam the 22-acre park situated in Universal's Islands of Adventure
- The three Broomsticks and adjacent Hog's Head pub will feature traditional British fare and drinks including butterbeer and pumpkin juice.
- Across from the Three Broomsticks is The Owlery, where owls roost and await their next delivery. The Owl post sends letter with a certified Hogsmeade postmark and sells official stamps from the Wizarding World.
- Dervish & Banges, featuring a variety of magical instruments, including "real" remembralls, spectrespects. They also feature Quidditch equipment and Triwizard apparel.
- Family-friendly hippogryph flights across the park (after training by Hagrid, of course).
- Elements of the Tri-Wizard Tournament, including a Dragon Challenge: two high-speed rollercoasters in one.
- Ollivander's, where guests can experience a "magical" wand selection just like the book and movie, and purchase the wand.
- Zonko's and Honeydukes shops.
But the biggest attraction is supposedly the Forbidden Journey ride which they didn't really spill much about, but apparently the ride will take guests through scenes and rooms from the movies and books inside a tediously decorated Hogwarts Castle which should feel 700 feet tall.
They had me at butterbeer. But seriously, will there be a ride where they kill Cedric?
The concept art is amazing, if they can pull it off I'll be first in line, scarf in hand. The park is said to open next spring with early previews, and for the public later on.