Robot Chicken's Seth Green and Matt Senreich have been tight-lipped about their new Star Wars series, but over the weekend they finally opened up and shared some details. Are you ready for Jon Stewart crossed with Spongebob Squarepants?
Talking to Big Shiny Robot at the premiere party for Star Wars: The Clone Wars season three, Green and Senreich explained that:
- They're going to make the entire first season of this show and then shop it around to a network, much the same as what Lucasfilm did with the Clone Wars series.
- The show is a "surreal experience" and "a short form comedy," and it's "the funniest thing since Lucille Ball." It's also "Jon Stewart on steroids mixed with David Chapelle."
- George Lucas had compared it to Spongebob Squarepants, and they hinted that it might be like Spongebob, in the way that stoned college students appreciate him.
- The show will be computer-generated animation, but it'll be "unlike any established Star Wars you've ever seen."
- The interviewer asked if Yoda will be on the show, and both Green and Senreich froze and then made a big deal of not revealing anything.
So I'm going to take a wild guess and say Yoda may well be in this series, since otherwise they'd just have said no. Are we ready for a sitcom crossed with a funny talk show, featuring Yoda? I know I am.
Top image: Yoda by RyanBnjmn on DeviantArt [Big Shiny Robot]