You sort of expect to see Firefly's Mal Reynolds or Jayne Cobb on a Wanted poster — but did you ever expect to see them being enshrined as exemplars of art nouveau loveliness? And yet, it sort of fits, once you see the gorgeous final result.
Remember last Monday, when we showed you a Serenity replica and promised you another Firefly surprise from Quantum Mechanix today? Here it is — an exclusive first look the male counterpart to the art nouveau women of Firefly we showed you last summer. Click through for a better look...
Here's the official description, from Quantum Mechanix's product page:
Five Art Nouveau Hunks Roam The Verse
Rogue. Clown. Troublemaker. Caretaker. Reverend.
Stir in a good dose of testosterone, some survival instincts and plenty of humor, and you have the Firefly Les Hommes Poster Set. Created by designer Megan Lara using the sinuous lines, floral motifs and organic pastels that are characteristic of art nouveau, each of these gents smolder with distinctive personality and masculinity.
Our five-poster set includes:
- Malcolm Reynolds, a former sergeant for the Independents in the Unification War against the Alliance, who now serves as captain of the Firefly-class transport, Serenity.
- Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity's ace pilot whose sweetness and child-like sense of wonder makes playing with dinosaurs a manly act.
- Jayne Cobb, Serenity's muscle and fashion plate, who's shown cradling his very favorite gun, Vera.
- Simon Tam, trauma surgeon and devoted brother to the troubled psychic ninja, River Tam.
- Shepherd Derrial Book, who appears to be a man of the cloth, yet has an uncanny knowledge of weapons, tactics and the Alliance.
Round out your quintet of Firefly guys with Firefly Les Femmes Poster Set and the Les Femmes Saffron Poster, available separately.
The QMx Firefly Les Hommes Poster Set comes printed on 24" x 12" 100-pound, satin-finish paper. Four gorgeous art prints all for the low price of just $34.95.
You can pre-order them via Quantum Mechanix's site.