It doesn't look very appetizing, but designer Chris Godfrey has managed to pack a lavish medieval-style 12-course banquet into a single can.
Here's what's inside the "All In One" can:
- A selection of local cheeses with sourdough bread
- Pickled Kobe beef with charred strawberry
- Ricotta ravioli with a soft egg yolk
- Shiitake mushroom topped with filled peppers
- Halibut poached in truffle butter in a coconut crepe
- Risotto-foraged ramps, prosciutto and fresh parmesan
- French onion soup with fresh thyme and gruyere cheese
- Roast pork belly and celeriac root puree
- Palate cleanser, pear ginger juice
- Ribeye steak with grilled mustard greens
- Crack pie with milk ice cream on a vanilla tuile
- French canele with a malt barley and hazelnut latte
He writes on his website:
Contemporary culture means on every trip into town; you’re bombarded with gimmicks galore. Gimmicks often diminish their products to turn a profit; downgrading on the content but selling you something thats ‘50% more’. The All in One 12-course meal offers the average Joe the chance to dine like royalty without the washing up.
Godfrey says that, "my main inspirations in producing this piece was the original Willy Wonka film and Heston Blumenthal’s creations. The use of the can is a nod to Andy Warhol."
[H/t Design Taxi; images via Chris Godfrey]