Yes, if renting Lego sets is something you'd like to do, then you'd best bookmark Pley.com immediately. The site allows you to rent your choice of Lego sets on a monthly basis, and then return them. Yes, really.
It sounds crazy, but the joy of playing with Legos is generally the building, not the finished product. I can see a lot of parents going for this. Here's the details:
• There are three levels of membership, depending on whether you want to rent small, medium or large Lego kits. Small is $15 per month, medium is $25, large is $39.
• The shipping is free both ways.
• You can rent as many sets as you want, but only one a time.
• The sets are sanitized in-between uses, so you don't have to worry about someone else's kid wiping his bubonic plague-snot over the pieces.
• If you lose a piece, it's cool.
• If you get attached to the set (no pun), you can purchase it from Pley.
• If you're still on the fence, you can sign up for a free trial and see what you think.
You know, given how expensive some of these sets run, this is actually a pretty good deal. The more I think about it, the less crazy it seems. Hmm...
[Via The AV Club]